Heather's Heart

This is where I get to share my heart as part of Dowling Family Ministries, Inc. Being a Mama is ALL I've ever wanted to be and here is where I'm choosing to share about it! Come along with me. We can share in joys, tears, successes and fears.....it's gonna be goooood! :)

Friday, June 6, 2014

Lock Down...

A rare ALMOST happy moment :)

     This summer vacation thing is very different this year. The kids are fighting, yelling, speaking hatefully, not loving each other, out to "win" over each other, crying, blah, blah, blah. I can't even bear to write it all out!!!!
     I flipped out about a week and a half ago and put our family on Lock Down! NO tv. NO movies. NO screen time. NO book accept the Bible. NO playing with friends. UNTIL, there is a shift in our family.
     The shift has started! There has been more peace, less fighting and even more forgiveness with less yelling! Awwwww, the sound of a family that LOVES each other :)
     And, today I caved. Why? Because of the NEIGHBORHOOD GARAGE SALE and all the talking, and asking of questions, and wanting to shop, the asking of questions, the whining, the sadness, the asking of questions. Did I already say that?!
     And just as I expected, things got worse after the movie. More yelling, hitting, fighting, even Jojo (the 17 month old was worse!) I knew it wasn't a good idea :/
So, tomorrow is the second day of our sale. Bubba will be home to help, PRAISE GOD!! But, no caving this time!!!
Jesus HELP ME!!!!



2 comments:

  1. Hi Heather! My phone crashed and I lost ALL my contacts! I've been wanting to call you to catch up and need your number! Also, my cell phone is lost right now, so you're number won't help me (yet). lol. Hope you guys are doing great! Glad to see you're blogging! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Ashley!!! I miss our visits :-/
    YES, let's visit soooon!! :)

    ReplyDelete